Friday, June 19, 2015

My thoughts and prayers

Most of you all have heard about the horrific attack at the African Methodist Episcopal church in Charleston.

So I want to dedicate this post to the victims and the family and close friends of the victims. 

There's people grieving everywhere, and my hearts definitely go out to them.

What I don't want to do is give the guy that committed this evil crime any attention. Because we all know that's what he wanted. 

What I don't want to hear is people pull the excuse of him having a mental illness. Mental illness or not, he needs to take full responsibility of this hate crime. He knew exactly what he was doing.  

Don't pull up the nicest picture from his Facebook page to try to prove hes a nice guy. Nice guys don't go into the house of the Lord and shoot innocent people. 

This senseless act just proved to us that we are no longer safe, even in time of prayer. 

Because I am black, this hits home for me, and because I attend a black church, this hits even closer to home. 

This violent act could of happened anywhere

Of course, nobody wants to pull the race card, and we never want to believe racism is still alive, but you cant help but think about that when a white man targets a group of black people. 

Look at how the cops even arrested him vs when they arrest someone black. Would they of put a bullet proof vest on a black guy? Nope. 

There are so many unanswered questions at this point its frustrating. And all I wish for is Justice

OKAY let me stop before I get heated. 

To the families:
Although I know you wont read this, I just want you to know that at this very moment our community has become closer and we are behind you. Saying "I'm sorry" a million times to you couldn't change a thing and probably wont even help but just know I am sending all my love your way. I could tell you to forgive the guy that did this to your family member, but truth is....that's probably the hardest thing for you to do right now. What I can encourage you to do, is lift each other up and keep praying. 



Lets continue to spread the love guys and keep Charleston in our hearts right now. 


xoxoxo,
Alexuss 

P.S. I know this post was a little all over the place, this incident just makes my thoughts go wild






No comments:

Post a Comment